Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Manitoba Organization: Caledonian Curling Club

Link to:
Presidents | Sources

In October 1927, the members of the Terminal Curling Club voted to change their name to the Caledonian Curling Club. In the 1927-1928 season, they curled at 111 Mayfair Avenue. This was a four-sheet facility. In 1928-1929, the club leased a new five-sheet facility at William Avenue and Arlington Street. In 1938, the landlord sold the rink to the Canadian Pacific Railway Curling Club, forcing the Caledonian Club to look for something else. They amalgamated with the Civic Curling Club to form the Civic Caledonian Curling Club and played at a new five-sheet facility at 348 Sherbrook Street.

Presidents

Period

President

Before 1927

See Terminal Curling Club

1927-1928

John Morrison Duncan (1885-1940)

1928-1929

Alex Henderson

1929-1930

?

1930-1931 

?

1931-1932

?

1932-1933

Alfred John Ramsay (1888-1954)

1933-1934

Hugh Mackenzie (1884-1949)

1934-1935

George Henderson (1883-1969)

1935-1936

Edward Hugh Martin Crawford (1894-1972)

1936-1937

Alexander “Sandy” McMahon (1891-1968)

1937-1938

William “Bill” Allen (1882-1971)

After 1938

See Civic Caledonian Curling Club

See also:

Manitoba Organization: Union Terminals Curling Club / Terminal Curling Club

Manitoba Organization: Civic Curling Club

Manitoba Organization: Civic Caledonian Curling Club

Sources:

This page was prepared by Rick Mutton and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 10 November 2022

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.