Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 140 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop

Manitoba History No. 89
Manitoba
History

No. 89

MHS Multicultural Dinner 2019
2019
Multicultural
Dinner

Spring Field Trip 2019
MHS
Spring
Field Trip

War Memorials in Manitoba
War
Memorials
in Manitoba

This Old Elevator
This Old
Elevator

Abandoned Manitoba
Abandoned
Manitoba

Memorable Manitobans
Memorable
Manitobans

Historic Sites of Manitoba
Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Manitoba Communities: East Selkirk (Unincorporated Town)

Link to:
Population | Mayors / Reeves | Memorable Manitobans | Historic Sites | History Books | Photos & Maps | Sources

This municipality was incorporated as a Town by an Order-in-Council in 1882. The town operated until 1904 when it was unincorporated and its area rejoined the surrounding Rural Municipality of St. Clements.

Present Status

Unincorporated (8 February 1904)

Incorporation History

Town of East Selkirk (13 February 1883)
Rural Municipality of St. Clements (8 February 1904)

Mayors

Term

Mayor

1882-1883

R. J. Brown

1883-1888

?

1888-1889

Arthur Doidge

1889-1904

?

Sources

East Selkirk, Manitoba. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5649.E28 Eas]

“The Chicago of the Northwest,” Selkirk Journal, 19 May 1992, page 4.

Geographic Names of Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation, 2000.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Monica Ball.

Page revised: 26 March 2017

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2019 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.