Manitoba Communities: Decker (Unincorporated Village, Municipality of Hamiota)

Link to:
Photos & Coordinates | Historic Sites | Sources

This community was named in commemoration of William Henry Decker, who around 1910 sold land to the Canadian Northern Railway for a station and townsite here. The railway station closed in 1958 and the last train at Decker was on 16 December 1978, after which the line was abandoned. The two grain elevators were demolished in February 1983.

Photos & Coordinates

Aerial view of Decker

Aerial view of Decker (1952)
Source: Blaine Little

Historic Sites

Go here for a list of historic sites in Decker.


Geographic Names of Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation, 2000.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Blaine Little.

Page revised: 11 September 2020