Is your group or organization interested in preserving and promoting the history of Manitoba? If so, why not become an affiliate of the Manitoba Historical Society. Please contact the MHS office for information on becoming an affiliate.
Are you interested in forming a local historical society in your area, but don't know how? Check out our How-To section for some useful tips and suggestions.
Any local, regional, national, or international group which endorses the objectives of the MHS is invited to become an Affiliated Society with a view toward facilitating intercommunication and mutual enrichment. The objectives of the Manitoba Historical Society are:
- to foster the preservation of property relevant to an appreciation of the history of Manitoba;
- to encourage research and publications relating to the history of Manitoba; and
- to promote and encourage public interest in Manitoba and Canadian history.
Each group applying for affiliation shall provide a statement of its objectives and/or activities relating to those of the Manitoba Historical Society.
An Affiliated Society becomes an institutional member of the Manitoba Historical Society, with all attendant rights and privileges:
- Its President or designated representative is a member of the MHS Council, which allows it to make recommendations respecting matters within its jurisdiction and to offer guidance in the overall direction of the Manitoba Historical Society.
- It receives a subscription to the MHS newsletter Time Lines and a subscription to the journal Manitoba History, as well as any other MHS publications which may be issued to members from time to time.
- It is given a page on the MHS web site, dedicated to its activities and information or, if preferred, a link to a separate web site of the Affiliated Society.
- It has the right to include, once per calendar year, an insert in the MHS newsletter. This insert shall relate to activities and information about the Affiliated Society or in some way be of general interest to MHS members.
Please note that affiliation do not automatically confer MHS membership on its individual members or participants.
Affiliated Societies shall provide the name and address of a contact person or representative, and pay an annual institutional membership fee set by the Council. A representative of the Affiliated Society may, from time to time, be requested by the Council to act on behalf of MHS at public functions held within its jurisdiction.
Belmont & Area Historical Society Inc.
Brandon Mental Health Centre (BMHC) Historical Society
c/o Mrs. Jessie Little
1430 - 2nd Street
Charleswood Historical Society
1018 Charleswood Road
Firefighters' Historical Society
56 Maple Street
Fort Garry Historical Society Inc.
P.O. Box 152, St. Norbert Post Office
Headingley Historical Society
5765 Portage Avenue
Heritage North Museum Inc.
(previously City of Thompson Historical Society)
162 Princeton Drive
509 - 63 Albert Street
Manitoba Mennonite Historical Society
1 - 169 Riverton Avenue
Miniota Municipal Museum Inc.
1180 Henderson Highway
Poplar Point History Group
Poplar Point, Manitoba
Riding Mountain Historical Society
c/o Pinewood Museum
Rossburn Heritage Society
St. Francois-Xavier Historical Society
1060 Hwy. #26
St. Francois-Xavier, Manitoba
La Société Historique de St. Georges
19 Baie Caron
St. Georges, Manitoba
Room 17 - 2nd Floor
900 St. Mary's Road
The Sam Waller Museum
(previously The Pas Historical Society)
The Pas, Manitoba
Souris & District Heritage Club
Swan Valley Historical Society
Swan River, Manitoba
Page revised: 13 August 2016