This site near Aubigny in the Rural Municipality of Morris, on land once owned by the Chartier family, hosted a ferry that provided the only means of crossing the Red River from about 1881 to 1965 when it was replaced by the nearby Aubigny bridge.
Aubigny Ferry Crossing (April 2012)
Source: Lorne Thompson, RM of Morris
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.45868, W97.26402
denoted by symbol on the map above
We thank the Rural Municipality of Morris for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 26 March 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!