MHS Margaret McWilliams Award Program
Nomination form | All past winners
Application deadline: Friday, 11 December 2015
The purpose of the Margaret McWilliams Award, one of the oldest literary prizes in Canada, is to encourage the study and interpretation of the history of Manitoba. It was instituted in 1955 by the Manitoba Historical Society as a memorial to Margaret S. McWilliams.
For 2015, awards will be made in the following categories:
- Scholarly History Book
- Popular History Book
- Local History Book
Other categories may be added at the discretion of the Manitoba Historial Society.
- Submitted materials will pertain to Manitoba and its history.
- Submissions must be published in English or French, either originally or in translation, during the 2015 calendar year.
- Self-published materials shall be eligible for submission.
- The decision of the Manitoba Historical Society as to whether a submission is eligible shall be binding.
- Multiple awards in any category may be given in the event of a tie. Awards will not necessarily be made in every category.
- All submissions become the property of the Manitoba Historical Society and will not be returned.
- Effective 1 December 2004, a $25 fee is required for all submissions in book categories only. Fees may be waived at the discretion of the Manitoba Historical Society.
Page revised: 17 November 2015
Back to top of page