Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Northern Prairie Ships: Ogema

Built at Selkirk in 1901, the Ogema measured 55.5 feet stem to stern, 11.5 feet in beam, 4.5 feet of draught, and was not the first ship of that name owned by William Robinson. It was used as a tugboat and saw barge-towing service on and around Lake Winnipeg. Ogema was owned by Robinson through the 1905 season and then sold to the Dominion Fish Company (1906-1918). Details of its fate and Registry closure as of yet undetermined.

Owners

Period

Owner

1901-1905

William Robinson (1849-1936)

1906-1918

Dominion Fish Company

Sources:

“M’Kay found not giulty,” Winnipeg Telegram, 25 September 1903, page 1.

Ogema, The Nauticapedia Project.

We thank John MacFarlane (Nauticapedia) for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer.

Page revised: 12 February 2022

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.