This two-storey building in downtown Russell was constructed in 1908 using bricks from Asessippi. Named the Wilson block for local lawyer W. W. W. Wilson and his lawyer brother Jack Wilson, the building is still used as a law office.
Wilson Block (August 2013)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N50.78093, W101.28804
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: William Wilber Wilfred Wilson (1885-1964)
Russell Historical Walking Tour, Asessippi Parkland Tourism.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 29 December 2013
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.