Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ross United Church (39 First Street, Whitemouth, RM of Whitemouth)

This United church in Whitemouth, in the Rural Municipality of Whitemouth, was built in 1965 to replace the original Ross United Church on Front Avenue. it is named after lumberman David Ross, who donated land and lumber for the first church, and his wife physician Charlotte Ross.

Among the clerics of Ross United Church was Lloyd Cleworth Stinson.

Ross United Church

Ross United Church (July 2014)
Source: George Penner

Site Location (lat/long): N49.95584, W95.97834
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Charlotte Whitehead Ross (1843-1916)

Sources:

This page was prepared by George Penner.

Page revised: 21 July 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.