Historic Sites of Manitoba: Whitemouth Hotel (Whitemouth, RM of Whitemouth)

The Whitemouth Hotel, located at 167 Railway Avenue in Whitemouth, in the Rural Municipality of Whitemouth, was built in 1908 for hotelier R. Richter. Its name was changed to the Lorne Hotel but later reverted to the original one. Later owner E. Milbrandt added a men-only beer parlour when Prohibition ended in 1921. Subsequent owners included M. Klowaky, K. Curra, W. Zuk and V. Yacula, Gura, Kura & Keirshnir, P. Stecky and J. Kurharic, Bill Karlicko and Pete Rustefaniuk, Zarnie Brothers and Sister Olga, J. Simundson, Al Hutcherson, Arlene Demare, and Peter Fedorchuk.

Whitemouth Hotel in Whitemouth

Whitemouth Hotel in Whitemouth (July 2014)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.95305, W95.97200
denoted by symbol on the map above


This page was prepared by George Penner and Harvey Pischke.

Page revised: 26 August 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.

Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!