This two-storey fieldstone structure in Boissevain, a municipally-designated historic site, was built for local businessman Alexander R. Welch. After the business closed in 1961, the block has housed a succession of businesses.
Memorable Manitobans: Alexander Robert Welch (1873-1961)
MHS Centennial Business: Pringle’s Men’s Wear / Welch’s Men’s Furnishings
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Welch Block, 410-412 South Railway Street, Boissevain, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 September 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.