Historic Sites of Manitoba: Canadian Consolidated Grain Elevator / Paterson Grain Elevator (Wassewa, Municipality of Boissevain-Morton)
A wooden grain elevator at the siding of Wassewa, on the now-abandoned CNR Wakopa Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of Boissevain-Morton, was operated by the Canadian Consolidated Grain Company from the 1920s until June 1959 when it was sold to United Grain Growers then re-sold to Paterson Grain in October 1959. It closed around 1965 and has since been removed from the site.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Maps
“Fatal bee sting,” Winnipeg Free Press, 24 September 1945, page 10.
Deloraine East topographic map, 62F/01 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
Grain Elevators in Canada, compiled by Board of Grain Commissioners for Canada, Winnipeg, 1912-1930, 1930-1953, 1953-1998 [Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries], 1998-2016 [Canadian Grain Commission].
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 September 2018
Back to top of page