Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Warkentin Blacksmith Shop (RM of St. Francois Xavier)

This shop in the Rural Municipality of St. Francois Xavier was constructed in 1931 by local blacksmith Henry Warkentin. It is a municipally designated historic site.

Warkentin Blacksmith Shop

Warkentin Blacksmith Shop (2010)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.963463, W97.629036
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites

Sources:

Warkentin Blacksmith Shop, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.

We thank Shirley Christianson for providing information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 21 September 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.