Historic Sites of Manitoba: Whitemouth Brickyard (Whitemouth, RM of Whitemouth)
This site at Whitemouth, in the Rural Municipality of Whitemouth, was occupied by a brickyard operated by Albert N. McCutcheon and John “Jack” Wardrop. The partnership was dissolved in 1916 and McCutcheon carried on alone. Two years later, McCutcheon took Wardrop to court, accusing his former partner of attempting to saboutage the business. In 1923, McCutcheon sold the brickyward to David Malcolm Wardrop who, in 1945, sold it to Alsips Brick. Today only a few brick fragments mark the location of the facility.
“Separated partners enter $5,000 action,” Winnipeg Tribune, 25 October 1918, page 5.
“Makes serious charge against former partner,” Manitoba Free Press, 25 October 1918, page 9.
We thank Jim Cassels for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 23 December 2019
Back to top of page