Built in 1933 by local contractor Anton Prychun, in Tyndall in the Rural Municipality of Brokenhead, this Ukrainian Orthodox church is based on Ukrainian architectural traditions adapted to the conditions and materials found in Manitoba. It is the only church still functioning in the town, used for special services. In 2009, it became a municipally-designated historic site.
Sts. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Orthodox Church at Tyndall (September 2013)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Sts. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Orthodox Church at Tyndall (November 2019)
Source: Rose Kuzina
Interior of the Sts. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Orthodox Church (July 2016)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.09043, W96.65769
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Sts. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Lot 5 Pearson Drive, Tyndall, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough, George Penner, and Rose Kuzina.
Page revised: 24 January 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.