Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Tripp Camp Monument (Municipality of Boissevain-Morton)

Located in a PFRA Community Pasture in the Municipality of Boissevain-Morton, this site was the location of a plywood and tarpaper cabin built and frequented by the Tripp family of Ninga, Manitoba. Located west of William Lake from 1903 to 1921, the family visited the cabin throughout the year. In winter, they gathered wood to use for heat at their homestead, and in the summer they cut hay at the camp for winter feed for their livestock. A monument was placed at the site by a descendant, Everett Tripp of Killarney.

Tripp camp monument

Tripp camp monument (July 2012)
Source: Glen Suggett

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.04385, W99.95080
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

We thank Teyana Neufeld, Michelle Scott, Jenny Harms, and Bruce Tripp for providing information used here.

This page was prepared by Glen Suggett and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 4 February 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.