Historic Sites of Manitoba: Notre Dame Roman Catholic Church and Cemetery (Toutes Aides, RM of Lawrence)
This church, a municipally-designated historic building, was constructed in the village of Toutes Aides in the Rural Municipality of Lawrence in 1934, by carpenters under the supervision of the Dutch Jesuit Gerolfus De Bodt. It replaced an earlier church building. The cemetery beside the church dates to 1907, and a monument erected in 1984 commemorates the Bretecher pioneers.
A list of burials in this cemetery is available from the Manitoba Genealogical Society, including a searchable online database available to members at the MGS Manitoba Name Index (MANI). Some additional information is contained in the 1996 MGS publication Carved in Stone: Manitoba Cemeteries and Burial Sites, revised edition, Special Projects Publication, 106 pages.
Toutes Aides Roman Catholic Church, NE 17-29-15 WPM, Toutes Aides, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
We thank Hans Vanderniepen for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 18 January 2015
Back to top of page