This two-storey residence in the Rural Municipality of Morris is believed to have been built in 1918, using four carloads of concrete blocks shipped from Steinbach and hauled from Lowe Farm by horse-drawn wagons, for the family of Aron A. Thiessen, who immigrated from Russia in 1875.
Thiessen House (April 2012)
Source: Lorne Thompson, RM of Morris
Thiessen House (October 2021)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.31987, W97.64082
denoted by symbol on the map above
MHS Resources: Manitoba Bricks and Blocks
We thank the Rural Municipality of Morris and George Penner for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 May 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.