Historic Sites of Manitoba: The Narrows School No. 1450 (Municipality of West Interlake)
The Narrows School District was established formally in April 1908. It operated a school building on the southeast quarter of 24-24-10 west of the Principal Meridian in what is now the Municipality of West Interlake. The school closed in 1954. The building is no longer present at the site but a sign commemorates it. The foundation for the school’s horsebarn is also present at the site.
The Narrows School commemorative sign (August 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
The Narrows School horsebarn foundation (September 2016)
Source: Alan Mason
Site Location (lat/long): N51.08246, W98.72489
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Alan Mason.
Page revised: 5 August 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.