Historic Sites of Manitoba: The Doctors’ Building / Hollenberg Clinic (394 Graham Avenue, Winnipeg)
This two-storey brick and stone building was designed by Winnipeg architect Frank Ruttan and constructed in 1947, at a cost of $180,000, for the Hollenberg Clinic, a medical practice established by five brothers, all of whom were physicians, and two of their spouses, also physicians: Dr. Michael Samuel Hollenberg (1899-1972), Dr. Abraham Hollenberg (1900-1957, father of Dr. Charles Hollenberg), Dr. Joseph Hollenberg (1903-1989, husband of Dr. Dorothy Hollenberg), Dr. Charles Hollenberg (1909-1995), and Dr. Jacob Hollenberg (1914-1999, husband of Dr. Esther Hollenberg).
“$180,000 permit issued to clinic,” Winnipeg Free Press, 21 May 1947, page 3.
“Seven doctors to build clinic,” Winnipeg Free Press, 24 May 1947, page 3.
“Family of doctors building new clinic,” Winnipeg Tribune, 24 May 1947, page 13.
Obituary [Michael Samuel Hollenberg], Winnipeg Free Press, 25 August 1972, page 16.
Obituary [Joseph Hollenberg], Winnipeg Free Press, 3 October 1989, page 37.
Obituary [Charles Hollenberg], Winnipeg Free Press, 8 November 1995, page 31.
Obituaries and burial transcriptions, Manitoba Genealogical Society.
Page revised: 9 July 2017