Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator B (First Street SW, Teulon)
A wooden elevator at Teulon on the CPR Arborg Subdivision was built by Manitoba Pool Elevators in 1952, joining a second elevator dating from 1920 and purchased from Western Canada Flour Mills in 1940. The older elevator was designated A and the newer one was B. Pool A was closed in 1971 and put up for sale, while Pool B was expanded with a 120,000-bushel crib annex in 1969, renovated fully in 1979, and closed in October 2000. It was demolished by Agricore United in January 2003 after a company offer to sell the facility to the town for $1 was refused.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Coordinates
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
“Teulon Pool elevator agent transferred to Morden,” Stonewall Argus and Teulon Times, 21 July 1971, page 1.
“Tenders” [Manitoba Pool Elevators], Stonewall Argus and Teulon Times, 1 September 1971, page 7.
“History coming down,” Stonewall Argus and Teulon Times, 13 January 2003, page 1.
Obituaries and burial transcriptions, Manitoba Genealogical Society.
We thank Jack McKinnon for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 28 November 2020