Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Tarrow House (245 River Road, RM of St. Andrews)

Tarrow House, located on a five-acre parcel of land overlooking the Red River in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrews, was built in 1948. It was occupied until 2001 by Donald A. Speirs (1923-2001), a son of dairyman James W. Speirs.

Tarrow House

Tarrow House (1970)
Source: Archives of Manitoba, Architectural Survey - St. Andrews 52.

Tarrow House

Tarrow House (September 2019)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.04775, W96.99052
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Obituary [Donald Alexander Speirs], Winnipeg Free Press, 13 July 2001.

This page was prepared by George Penner, Nathan Kramer, and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 27 September 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.