Historic Sites of Manitoba: Tamarisk Methodist Church / Tamarisk United Church and Cemetery (Municipality of Grandview)
Originally a Methodist Church when it opened in 1907, this church in the Municipality of Grandview, a provincially-designated historic site, became a United Church following the 1925 unification of the Methodist, Presbyterian, and Congregationalist faiths. The plain woodwork of its impressive interior is typical of Methodist churches from this period. A plaque beside the church was placed there in 1994 by the Manitoba Heritage Council.
Photos & Maps
Grandview United Church: Past and Present, 1891-1967 by Grandview United Church History Committee, 1967. [Legislative Library of Manitoba, F5649.G73 Gra]
A list of burials in this cemetery is available from the Manitoba Genealogical Society, including a searchable online database available to members at the MGS Manitoba Name Index (MANI). Some additional information is contained in the 1996 MGS publication Carved in Stone: Manitoba Cemeteries and Burial Sites, revised edition, Special Projects Publication, 106 pages.
Tamarisk United Church, SW 28-24-23W, R.M. of Grandview, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 March 2015