Historic Sites of Manitoba: Sylvan Glade School No. 1804 (RM of Fisher)
The Sylvan Glade School District was organized formally in June 1915 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at the northwest corner of NE9-24-1E in the Rural Municipality of Fisher. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its catchment area became part of the Lakeshore School Division.
Among the teachers of Sylvan Glade were Marjorie Hendrickson (1944-1945), ? (1945-1949), Mildred E. Melsted (1949-1950), ? (1950-1954), Mary Andrusko (1954-1955), Gustaf Hildebrandur Finnson (1955-1956), Olaf William Werner (1956-1957), J. Geraldine F. Bjornsson Finnson (1957-1959), Jennifer M? Lockie (1959-1960), Victor Borgford (1960-1961), Annie Isaac (1961-1962), Charles Edgar Buck (1962-1963), Emily Agnes Lindal (fall 1963), and Leontine Marie Meilleur (spring 1964).
School division and school district formation files (E 0027), Sylvan Glade School District No. 1804, GR1688, Archives of Manitoba.
Manitoba School Records Collection, Sylvan Glade School District No. 1804 - Daily Registers, GR11220 , Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Lorna Clark for providing additional information used here.
Page revised: 5 November 2019
Back to top of page