Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. William’s Cemetery (Melnice, RM of St. Andrews)

The first burial in this cemetery in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrews occurred in 1911.

St. William’s Cemetery

St. William’s Cemetery (May 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N50.44720, W97.04536
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

A list of burials in this cemetery is available from the Manitoba Genealogical Society, including a searchable online database available to members at the MGS Manitoba Name Index (MANI). Some additional information is contained in the 1996 MGS publication Carved in Stone: Manitoba Cemeteries and Burial Sites, revised edition, Special Projects Publication, 106 pages.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 1 January 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.