Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Stephen’s Anglican Church (Solsgirth, Municipality of Prairie View)

Built in 1906, the St. Stephen’s Anglican Church in Solsgirth, in the Municipality of Prairie View, was closed and deconsecrated in 2002. The building was sold for $1 to the Prairie Mountain Regional Museum with so-far-unfulfilled plans to move it there. A monument on the church grounds was dedicated in October 2002.

St. Stephen’s Anglican Church

St. Stephen’s Anglican Church (no date)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough, 2013-0054

St. Stephen’s Anglican Church

St. Stephen’s Anglican Church (March 2016)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

St. Stephen’s Anglican Church

St. Stephen’s Anglican Church (March 2016)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Interior of St. Stephen’s Anglican Church

Interior of St. Stephen’s Anglican Church (March 2016)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N50.49094, W100.91060
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

We thank Gary Workman for providing information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 19 February 2018

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.