Historic Sites of Manitoba: Striy School No. 1424 (RM of Armstrong)
The Striy School District was established in May 1907 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NW12-18-2E in the Rural Municipality of Armstrong. The district was dissolved in 1967 and its area became part of the Interlake School Division.
Among the teachers of Striy School was Tony Maksymyk.
Gimli East topographic map, 62I/11 East, Edition 2 ASE, 1958, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 21 October 2018
Back to top of page