Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Pierre South School No. 1305 (RM of DeSalaberry)

The St. Pierre South School District operated a one-room schoolhouse at SE16-5-4E in the Rural Municipality of DeSalaberry. In 1963, the district became part of the St. Pierre Consolidated School District.

St. Pierre School

St. Pierre School (no date)
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-2, page 95.

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.38803, W96.98565
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

St Malo West topographic map, 62H/7 West, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].

School District Formation Files [St. Pierre South School District No. 1305], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 5 April 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | Questions | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.