Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Michael and All Angels Anglican Church (300 Hugo Street North, Winnipeg)
This one-storey, stone church on the northwest corner of Hugo Street and Mulvey Avenue in Winnipeg was designed by Henry William Greene and built in 1920 by the Claydon Company for $22,500. It replaced a modest mission church, built in 1904, that had been situated across Mulvey Avenue from the present structure. The church was damaged in two major fires, one in 1959 and the other in 1970. The building is a municipally-designated historic site.
St. Michael and All Angels Anglican Church (May 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Interior of St. Michael and All Angels Anglican Church (May 2016)
Source: George Penner
Site Location (lat/long): N49.86940, W97.14910
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
St. Michael and All Angels Anglican Church (300 Hugo Street North), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, September 1989.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and George Penner.
Page revised: 1 October 2018
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.