This cemetery in the Rural Municipality of Oakview, established in 1899, contains a monument erected in 1970 that commemorates local pioneers.
St. Johns Upland Cemetery with monument in centre (July 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N50.09288, W100.36209
denoted by symbol on the map above
St. John’s Cemetery (including gravestone transcriptions), Rural Municipality of Blanshard.
A list of burials in this cemetery is available from the Manitoba Genealogical Society, including a searchable online database available to members at the MGS Manitoba Name Index (MANI). Some additional information is contained in the 1996 MGS publication Carved in Stone: Manitoba Cemeteries and Burial Sites, revised edition, Special Projects Publication, 106 pages.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 November 2015
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.