A monument at this site in the Municipality of Roblin commemorates St. John’s Lutheran Church which operated here. The first church building was used from 1916 to 1939 and its replacement served from 1939 to 1978. Behind the monument is the cross and tower of the latter church. A bell from the former church was moved to St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church in Roblin.
St. John’s Lutheran Church commemorative monument (August 2013)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
St. John’s Lutheran Church commemorative monument (February 2021)
Source: Geraldine Ronellenfitch
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N51.16779, W101.23460
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Shevlin Lutheran Cemetery (Municipality of Roblin)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church (Roblin, Municipality of Roblin)
We thank Ed Arndt and Geraldine Ronellenfitch for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 8 February 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.