Historic Sites of Manitoba: Stinson School No. 325 (Municipality of North Cypress-Langford)
The Stinson School District was established in January 1884 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE10-11-14W in what is now the Municipality of North Cypress-Langford. The district was dissolved in 1962 and its area was distributed between the Carberry Consolidated School District, Dempsey School District, and Fairview School District. It later became part of the Beautiful Plains School Division. No vestige of the former school building remains at the site.
Among the teachers of Stinson School were Miss Nellie Hunter (1904), Mrs. Joseph Switzer, Mrs. Blanche Crowe, Mrs. William J. Witherspoon, Mrs. Clare Rogers, and Mrs. Alex. Dickson.
Carberry West topographic map, 62G/14 West, Edition 1, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
The Carberry Plains: 75 Years of Progress. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.C36 Car]
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 April 2018
Back to top of page