Occupants | Photos & Maps | Sources
This two-storey house on Middle Gate in the Armstrong’s Point area of Winnipeg was designed by architect Henry Rupert Linnell and constructed by Claydon Brothers between 1912 and 1913 for baker John Tully Speirs. The building was converted into a triplex in 1961.
Photos & Coordinates
Memorable Manitobans: Henry Rupert Linnell (1883-1918)
Manitoba Business: Claydon Brothers Construction Company / Claydon Construction Limited
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Speirs House (184 West Gate, Winnipeg)
Historical Tours in Manitoba: A Walking Tour of Armstrong’s Point by Patricia Thomson
Armstrong's Point: A History by Randy R. Rostecki, Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg Corporation, 2009.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 May 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.