Historic Sites of Manitoba: South Head School No. 1611 (Municipality of West Interlake)
The South Head School District was organized formally in April 1912 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at the southeast corner of NE26-22-7W in what is now the Municipality of West Interlake. The district was dissolved in 1967 and its catchment area became part of the Lakeshore School Division.
Among the teachers of South Head School was James M. Richtik (1952-1953).
School District Formation Files [South Head School District No. 1611], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Jim Richtik for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 18 May 2020
Back to top of page