The Shorncliffe School District was organized formally in January 1917, and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SW21-24-3E in what is now the Municipality of Bifrost-Riverton. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its catchment area became part of the Evergreen School Division.
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N51.08292, W97.12995
denoted by symbol on the map above
School District Formation Files [Shorncliffe School District No. 1851], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 7 August 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!