Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator (Mercy Street, Selkirk)
A 40,000-bushel wooden grain elevator at Selkirk, on the CPR Winnipeg Beach Subdivision, was built in 1948 by Manitoba Pool Elevators. Fully renovated in 1971, a 100,000-bushel crib annex was built beside it in 1976, supplementing a 50,000-bushel balloon annex from 1953. Closed by Agricore in October 2000, the facility was demolished in early April 2002.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Coordinates
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
Obituary [Hector Allan Maclaren], Winnipeg Free Press, 5 March 1960, page 15.
“Selkirk elevator shuts down,” Selkirk Journal, 6 November 2000, page 9.
“Going down,” Selkirk Journal, 8 April 2002, page 8.
Obituary [David Park Miller], Winnipeg Free Press, 22 December 2003.
Obituaries and burial transcriptions, Manitoba Genealogical Society.
We thank Russell Kroeker and George Penner for providing information used here.
This page was prepared by Matt Bialek and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 28 May 2022