Historic Sites of Manitoba: Sebright School No. 1182 (RM of Brokenhead)
The Sebright School District was established in April 1902 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SE9-13-7E in the Rural Municipality of Brokenhead. In 1966, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Garson-Tyndall Consolidated School District No. 2450 and later the Agassiz School Division. The former school building was moved to the Brokenhead-Beausejour Pioneer Village Museum and no vestige of it remains at the original site.
Among the teachers of Sebright School was Katherine Cass Warren (1941-1943, 1944-1945).
Selkirk topographic map, 62I/2, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Manitoba Permit Teachers of World War II, compiled by Louisa Loeb, Winnipeg: Hyperion Press Ltd., 2007.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 7 August 2015
Back to top of page