Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Toutes Aides, RM of Lakeshore)
This church, also known as the Ruthenian Greek Catholic Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, is situated south of Toutes Aides in the Rural Municipality of Lakeshore. It was built in 1937, under the direction of master carpenter Mike Sawchuk, to replace an earlier church from 1910. Jacob Maydanyk, a notable icon painter in Manitoba, created some of the icons inside the church. It is a municipally-designated historic site.
Ruthenian Greek Catholic Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary (May 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Interior of the Ruthenian Greek Catholic Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary (May 2015)
Source: Pat Didychuk
Site Location (lat/long): N51.45507, W99.52761
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Ruthenian Greek Catholic Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, SE 5-29-15 W, Toutes Aides, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
We thank Gloria Romaniuk and Pat Didychuk for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 26 April 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.