The Rosebud School District was established formally in March 1891 and a school building was erected on the southeast quarter of 18-1-11 west of the Principal Meridian in what is now the Municipality of Louise. It closed in 1964 when it was consolidated with Crystal City Consolidated School No. 107. The school building is no longer present at the site but a metal sign commemorates it.
Rosebud School (no date) by W. J. Parr
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-1, page 102.
Rosebud School commemorative monument (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.02984, W98.92366
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 February 2019
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.