Historic Sites of Manitoba: Rosa School No. 2200 (RM of Mountain)
The Rosa School District was organized formally in June 1929 and a one-room schoolhouse was constructed at SW15-33-21W in the Rural Municipality of Mountain, on two acres of land donated by farmer Nykolay Adamowski. The district was dissolved in 1966 and its area became part of the Pine River Consolidated School District No. 2438 and later the Duck Mountain School Division.
The first teacher of Rosa School was Mr. Hansen.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Hardships to Happiness: History Flows from Pine River and District by Pine River History Committee, 1982. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5649.P60 Har]
Dominion Land Grant [Nykolay Adamowski], Library and Archives Canada.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 14 April 2019
Back to top of page