The Rockwood Registry Office, constructed in Stonewall in 1882, was the first municipal building in the Rural Municipality of Rockwood. From 1914 to 1939, it was a passenger station for a trolley line into Winnipeg operated by the Winnipeg, Selkirk and Lake Winnipeg Railway Company. Now a private residence, it became a municipally-designated historic site in 2012.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Rockwood Registry Office 283 – 2nd Avenue North Stonewall, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
“New heritage designation request in Stonewall,” Stonewall Argus, 9 August 2012, page 3.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 31 August 2019
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.