A wooden grain elevator at Roblin, on the CNR Togo Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of Roblin, was built between 1906 and 1907 by the British America Elevator Company. Merged into National Grain in 1940, becoming the company’s A elevator at this site, the facility was sold to Cargill Grain in 1975. The facility was closed and demolished in May 1986.
Grain elevators at Roblin (left to right): Pool B, Pool C, National B, National A, Pool A (October 1962)
Source: S. J. McKee Archives, Manitoba Cooperator, WCPI
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N51.23021, W101.35230
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator A (Roblin, Municipality of Roblin)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Northern Grain Elevator / National Grain Elevator B / Cargill Grain Elevator B (Roblin, Municipality of Roblin)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Alberta Pacific Grain Elevator / Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator B (Roblin, Municipality of Roblin)
“Roblin skyline to change,” Roblin Review, 11 March 1986, pages 1, 12.
“Cargill fells 80 year old elevator,” Roblin Review, 20 May 1986, page 1.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 21 May 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.