Clerics | Photos & Coordinates | Sources
Designed by local architect John Hamilton Gordon Russell and built by the Shepley Construction Company in 1911 at a cost of about $22,000, this former Presbyterian Church on Burrows Avenue in Winnipeg commemorated cleric James Robertson. It is presently occupied by Springs Church.
Photos & Coordinates
Memorable Manitobans: John Hamilton Gordon Russell (1863-1946)
Manitoba Business: Shepley Construction Company
Memorable Manitobans: James Robertson (1839-1902)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Robertson Memorial Institute Building (650 Burrows Avenue, Winnipeg)
“Work starts on church,” Winnipeg Tribune, 31 May 1911, page 5.
Robertson Memorial United (Presbyterian) Church, 648 Burrows Avenue by Murray Peterson, Peterson Projects, February 2009.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 7 April 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.