Historic Sites of Manitoba: Richer School No. 1026 (Richer, RM of Ste. Anne)
Known as the St. Julien de Chambord School District when it was established in July 1899, a one-room schoolhouse operated in Richer in the Rural Municipality of Ste. Anne. Its named was changed to Richer in July 1940. The district was dissolved in 1967 and its area became part of the Seine River School Division.
Among the teachers of Richer School was Sister du Sacre-Coeur-je-Jesus.
Richer West topographic map, 62H/9 West, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 12 July 2018
Back to top of page