Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Reeve Monument (Municipality of McCreary)

A monument in the Municipality of McCreary was erected in August 1989 in commemoration of the community of Reeve. A general store and post office was established here in 1940 by Michael and Evelyn Pasosky, and successively operated by Emmet and Evelyn Cody (1959-1963) and Melvin and Ruth Marshall (1963-1978). Nearby was a dance hall and bulk fuel supply depot. Nothing but the cairn remains at the site.

Reeve commemorative monument

Reeve commemorative monument (May 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.71803, W99.41516
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Geographic Names of Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation, 2000.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 25 August 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.