Historic Sites of Manitoba: Randale School No. 2148 (RM of Yellowhead)
The Randale School District was organized in March 1926 and, as of that fall, a one-room schoolhouse operated on the southwest corner of NW3-18-23W in what is now the Rural Municipality of Yellowhead. The district was dissolved in 1960 and its area became part of the Pelly Trail School Division.
Among the teachers who worked at Randale School were Verna Cochrane, Ethel McNulty, and Thelma Rachel Menzies.
Rossburn East topographic map, 62K/10 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Ripples On The Lake: A History of Shoal Lake Municipality, 1884-1984 by Shoal Lake History Book Committee, 1984.
We thank Malcolm Bell for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 21 May 2018
Back to top of page