Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ralph Connor School No. 1769 (RM of Siglunes)
The Ralph Connor School District was established in January 1915, named for the nom-de-plume of novelist Charles W. Gordon, and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE7-25-8W in the Rural Municipality of Siglunes. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Lakeshore School Division. No vestige of the former school was found during a 2016 site visit.
Ebb and Flow East topographic map, 62O/2 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Holly Thorne for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 31 July 2016
Back to top of page