This six-storey building on the south side of Portage Avenue in Winnipeg was designed by local architects Ralph B. Pratt and Donald A. Ross and built in 1928. In February 2017, it became a municipally-designated historic site.
Memorable Manitobans: Ralph Benjamin Pratt (1872-1950)
Memorable Manitobans: Donald Aynsley Ross (1877-1956)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Power Building (428 Portage Avenue), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings and Resources Committee, March 2016.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and George Penner.
Page revised: 13 January 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.