This three-storey brick and stone block on Edmonton Street in Winnipeg, measuring 50 feet by 115 feet, was designed by local architect Alexander D. Melville and constructed in 1926 by owner Alexander Pollock at a cost of about $80,000. It contained 31 apartments in its original configuration.
Memorable Manitobans: Alexander D. Melville (1873-1949)
Memorable Manitobans: Alexander “Alex” Pollock (1882-1957)
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 1163/1926, City of Winnipeg Archives.
Preparation of this page was supported, in part, by the Gail Parvin Hammerquist Fund of the City of Winnipeg.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Nathan Kramer.
Page revised: 2 July 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.