Historic Sites of Manitoba: Poersch School No. 895 (RM of Macdonald)
This site at 18-7-1W in the Rural Municipality of Macdonald was the approximate location of Poersch School. Established formally in February 1897, the district was dissolved in 1920 and the students went to Brunkild Consolidated School No. 1281.
Among the teachers who worked at Poersch School were Mr. Friesen, Mr. Erp, and Mr. B. Fast.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Memories & Melodies: The History of Brunkild, 1871-1980 by Brunkild History Book Committee, 2003. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5649.B78 Bru]
Financial support for research reported on this page was provided by the Manitoba Heritage Grants Program (grant 12F-C101, 2012-2013).
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 April 2020
Back to top of page